The simplest definition of an industrial gearbox is also the most literal: it’s a box that holds gears. To get a little more in-depth, a gearbox contains a set of gears that are used to distribute engine power to other components. As such, it’s an important part of a vehicle’s transmission system.
Other industrial gearbox functions include:
- Acceleration and deceleration
- Change transmission direction
- Adjust torque
- Act as a clutch
Gearboxes are used on a variety of vehicles, from bikes and automobiles to agricultural and industrial equipment.
Peerless 1000/150 Series T-Drive and Right Angle Gearbox
Our 1000/1050 Series Right Angle gearbox and T-Drives are ideal for mower deck drives requiring the mower’s blade to be mounted directly to the gearbox output shaft. The Peerless 1050 Cast Iron right angle Gearbox is available for heavy-duty and high impact applications such as mower cutting box drives, angle power transfer, heavy duty steering boxes, and concrete saws.
Right Angle Gearbox Features & Benefits
- Housing – 1000 Series – Die Cast Aluminum 1050 Series – Cast Iron.
- Shafts – 7/8” (22.2 mm) diameter. Customer specific shaft designs available.
- Bearings – All shafts mounted on ball bearings.
- Gears – Heavy duty and heat treated cut steel.
- Output Rotation – CW in = CW out, CW in = CCW out.
- Lubrication – EP-90 gear oil.
- Couplings – Available to couple units together for deck drive.
- Connector Shafts – Available to couple units together for deck drive.
- Gear Ratios – 1.2:1, 1:1, and .833:1.