The transmission is one of the most important components of a vehicle. Also called a gearbox, the transmission sends power from the engine to the wheels, relying on gears to change the speed or direction of rotation.
Today’s automotive vehicles are manufactured with manual or automatic transmissions. Manual transmissions require engagement of a clutch to change from one gear to another, while automatic transmissions take into account factors such as speed and accelerator pressure to change gears automatically.
Tractors and other farm equipment, riding lawn mowers, golf carts, ATV transmission vehicles and other equipment might use a hydrostatic transmission. This is similar to automatic transmission, but uses hydraulic fluid instead of belts to transfer power from the engine to the wheels.
Peerless 700 Series Manual Shift Transmissions
Our 700 Series Transmissions provide ultimate performance, durability, and ease of operation for residential or commercial applications. The transmission is available with optional output shafts configured for splined connector shafts/couplings and sprocket/service brake. Applications include commercial wide-area walk mowers, rear engine riders, go-karts, ATV transmission vehicles and sod machines.
Features & Benefits:
- Housing – Die-cast aluminum housings offer outstanding heat dissipation and durability.
- Gears – Sintered metal or optional steel cut
- Shifter – 2 shift keys or optional 4 shift keys (heavy duty).
- Output – 9 tooth splines or 16 tooth serrations.
- Gear Selection – Up to 5 forward and 1 reverse.
- Input Shaft – 5/8” diameter.
- Brake – Can be used as a parking brake (only effective when the power source is not driving the input shaft of transmission/transaxle. CAUTION: Brake requires periodic maintenance and adjustment to ensure safe operation of equipment
- Available Gear Ratios – Forward 9.2:1, 7.0:1, 6.4:1, 5.3:1, 4.5:1, 3.0:1., 2.4:1,1.8:1 and Reverse 4.2:1 or 6.0:1.
- Sprockets – 8, 10, 12, 15, and 16 teeth available.
Peerless 2100 Series Hydrostatic Transmissions
Our 2100 Series Hydrostatic Transmissions are engineered with either right-hand or left-hand Controls. They’re ideal for snow blowers, walk-behind mowers, zero turn machines, and concrete saws.
Features & Benefits:
- Housing – Sealed die-cast aluminum housing offers outstanding heat dissipation and durability for longer life.
- Lubrication – Mobil 424 oil provides superior lubrication and performance.
- Output Shaft – Transmission comes standard with a 3/4” (19.05 mm) diameter shaft with woodruff key; Optional shafts diameters and configurations available upon request.
- Bearings – All shafts are mounted on needle or ball bearings for longer life.
- Neutral Position – Transmission neutral is pre-adjusted at the factory.
- Transmission Controls – Available with friction pack or Return To Neutral system. Extremely low effort foot pedal or hand controls provide operators more comfortable vehicle control; right-hand or left-hand controls available.