Hydrostatic transaxles use a hydraulic pump and motor to transfer power from the engine to the wheels. The pump is connected to the engine and the motor is connected to the wheels. A variable-displacement pump controls the speed and direction of the vehicle. Hydrostatic transaxles are ideal in applications where a wide range of speeds and smooth acceleration are required. They are easy to operate, quick to stop in an emergency, and require little maintenance.
Peerless LTH Series Hydrostatic Transaxles
Our LTH Series Hydrostatic Transaxles patented modular design provides superior lubrication by allowing specially formulated gear oil to be used in the final drive while the hydrostatic transmission uses hydraulic oil in a separate reservoir to reduce particulate contamination. For ease of installation, LTH-2000 Series transaxles are available with either left-hand or right-hand controls. They are ideally suited for lawn equipment, utility vehicles, power wheelbarrows, and agricultural machines.
Features & Benefits
- Housing – Die-cast aluminum housings offer outstanding heat dissipation and durability.
- Lubrication – Specially formulated gear oil in the final drive and Mobil 424 oil in the hydrostatic transmission provide superior lubrication and performance.
- Axle Size – 3/4” (19.05 mm).
- Needle Bearings – On all shafts for longer life.
- Optional Disconnect – Allows vehicles to be moved by hand.
- Service – Transmission is non-serviceable; final drive is completely serviceable.
- Brake – Can be used as a parking brake. NOTE: Brake is effective only when the power source is not driving the input shaft of transmission/transaxle. CAUTION: Brake requires periodic maintenance and adjustment to assure safe operation of equipment.
- Gear Ratios – 22.091:1, 20.014:1,16.691:1, 15.860:1.
- Controls – Available with adjustable friction pack system for hand control, or optional return to neutral system is available for foot control version.